Wow and not so wow!
I wonder what is it,that made so many of you stop here,yesterday..WP Stats,show me that yesterday was the busiest day here,with a visitor count of 244..Me likes:)
Yesterday,I wrote about babies..and today, a blog buddy delivered a precious little girl.And another friend,who was due today,was told that she would have to wait 10 more days..When I spoke to her,her voice was so low,I could barely hear her.:(
Speaking of what I wrote yesterday,Aneela your comment really cracked me up!LOL! but it was a typo..what I wanted to say was-I HAVENT done much of my list.Here’s how my list is going-
Here’s my to-do list-
- Declutter one room a day. – Done!Finally today!
- Change all the fused lite bulbs. –1 down,2 to go.
- Bring out the christmas lights. – may be will do it tomorrow.
- Look for low-sugar/fat-free diwali recipes. –Needs to be discussed elaborately
- Help Aadya make Diwali cards,for family and close friends. –Ummm may be we should start working on New Year cards instead.
- Organise/alter clothes for Lakshmi Puja.I will add more,as I go. – Done I think..though,I have to choose 1 between the two I picked..and Aadi will ch0ange more than 4 times-she loves changing clothes,before finally putting on a t-shirt and a pair of shorts..My mom’s curses are finally coming true..the girl I wanted so badly,all my life,is living in shorts,the way I did,in my teens.DH will wear,whichever ironed Kurta I give him,provided he can wear his jeans with it.
Now the Diwali treats-I decided to start,with something easy-some thing tried and tested.Besan Laddu..screamed a voice in my mind..And immdiately an image popped up,in my minds eye..a plate full of ochre colored,raisin studded,smooth,round,sinfully deliciousbesan laddus,made by Aaji,my maternal grandmother.Though,I make laddus only once a year,I know this one like the back of my hand.I still reconfirmed the proportions of all ingredients and set about making the laddus.The Besan(chick pea flour ) was roasted and cooled..I added the raisins and added a tad too much sugar.had to roast so more besan,which didn’t get roasted enough..:( The laddus are now rock hard…In my quest for fat-free recipe,I didn’t add enough ghee :((
Next I decided to make Karanji and I remembered to bring poppy seeds this time.I love the crunchy texture,it adds to the filling.Again,I was dooling at the mental image of Aaji’s Karanjis..I filled and fried a couple Karanjis and then realised..that I had forgotten to add SUGAR to the filling!!!! I was so upset,I wanted to cry!!Anyway,I will finish it tomorrow.
Tomorrow,I attempt to make something savoury..
And before I go,here’s a conversation from Aadyaland-
Me-“Aadya,pick up your toys right now.”Aadya-*walks around,not paying attention*
“I said,Pick UP YOUR TOYS..”
“Mamma,I said,No Shouting KAr-rahe!”
“Bring me the phone,I am going to call up Baba and tell him..how you dont listen to me,you are being a bad girl..blah blah.”I dial the number,actually to ask him something else.after I have spoken for two minutes,she comes running..asks for the phone.”Baba,I tantrumthrowing kar-rahe..Aadya not listening to Mamma..Mamma throwing my toys in trash..Becoz,I am a bad girl..(no,no you are good girl) No Baba,Aadya bad girl hai..bcoz Mamma ne bola.Baba you finish working and come home fast,because I getting scared…blah blah…”
What do say then?